How to Secure Your Winter Ride with Gravel Bike Insurance?
What is a Gravel Bicycle?
The Pros Closet wrote a terrific article, Road Bikes vs. Gravel Bikes, that defines "Gravel bikes need to handle a wide range of surfaces, including pavement, but ultimately they have to excel on dirt and gravel. To venture off pavement, gravel bikes have substantially more tire clearance than road bikes and can fit wider gravel-specific tires that provide traction and comfort."
Bike Exchange explains in a blog, "What is a Gravel Bike?". At the same time, Ventum, a direct-to-consumer bike company located in Utah, defines their GS1 Gravel Bike as "on-road performance, with off-road durability."
The Washington Post reported in 'What gravel cycling is and why you should give it a try,' "After steady growth since 2018, gravel bike sales over the 12 months ending in February 2022 jumped 62 percent compared with February 2020." Since then, the gravel bicycle and eBike categories have led the cycling industry's sales growth.
Should Gravel Bikes be insured?
Yes! Today's gravel bicycles need a standalone bike insurance policy.
Gravel bicycles cost a lot of money, and you want to protect your investment. BikeInsure is a cost-effective, standalone, primary insurance solution for your gravel bike. In addition, the BikeInsure smart alternative provides the protection you need without compromising your homeowner's insurance.
Many insurance experts advise us to consider today's homeowner's insurance as "catastrophic loss protection." This insight is because homeowner's policies often have high deductibles, multiple claims can lead to cancellation or non-renewal, lower limits on certain individual items, and a claim can cause your premium to jump significantly. Furthermore, a gravel bicycle may have limited or no coverage by a gravel bike owner's renter or homeowner's insurance.
The BikeInsure plan provides reimbursement for repairs to your gravel bicycle and listed accessories due to accidental damage when riding. Coverage continues during the transit of the gravel bike and extends to a stolen gravel bicycle when optional gravel theft insurance is selected.
The BikeInsure plan provides the gravel bicycle insurance protection you need. Therefore, even though you paid thousands of dollars for a gravel bike, with BikeInsure, you may own a bicycle with ''peace of mind'' gravel bike coverage for just $16.99/mo.
What is $16.99 Gravel Bike Insurance?
BikeInsure offers comprehensive yet inexpensive gravel bicycle insurance, so we recommend our $16.99 monthly plan to any gravel rider looking for an affordable policy that won't break the bank.
Top 10 Reasons to get Gravel Bicycle Insurance:
- For a nominal $16.99 monthly recurring credit card charge, the bike or eBicycle is insured.
- Optional gravel bike theft insurance may be added for $8 monthly.
- New and used bicycles or eBikes are eligible.
- Multiple bikes or eBicycles may be enrolled.
- Bicycle Insurance Coverage is application only.
- No credit reports are required.
- No social security numbers are requested.
- No credit-based insurance scores are necessary.
- No additional underwriting requirements.
- The BikeInsure plan is underwritten by AM Best ‘A+’ (Superior) Great American Insurance Company. For 150 years, Americans have trusted Great American Insurance Company to protect them and render best-in-class service.
Bonus: BikeInsure has a simple two-minute sign-up via computer or smartphone.
Do you want affordable gravel bicycle insurance?
BikeInsure innovated a process that allows a cyclist to obtain bike coverage with optional bike theft insurance for a bicycle as quickly as it was to get for your smartphone, all from the BikeInsure sign-up portal.
In addition, the comprehensive insurance for your gravel bicycle or eBike includes a standardized $10,000 limit and a $100 deductible for only $16.99 monthly.
Accidental Damage + Optional Theft Coverage = BikeInsure Comprehensive Bicycle Insurance
- Gravel Bike Insurance is $16.99/mo.
- Road Bike Insurance is $16.99/mo.
- eBike Insurance is $16.99/mo.
- Triathlon Bike Insurance is $16.99/mo.
- Mountain Bike Insurance is $16.99/mo.
- Fat Bike Insurance is $16.99/mo.
- Cyclocross Bike Insurance is $16.99/mo.
- Cargo Bike Insurance is $16.99/mo.
- YOUR BIKE INSURANCE is $16.99/mo.
Before you jump on your gravel bicycle again or your bike is stolen, check out "A 2023 Buyer's Guide to America's Best Bicycle Insurance" here.