Bike owners need to secure Bicycle Insurance regardless of State Farm.
The Wall Street Journal reports, "State Farm Halts Home-Insurance Sales in California. Insurers have faced higher costs and wildfire risks. By Leslie Scism, May 26, 2023, at 7:45 pm ET. State Farm is stopping the sale of new home insurance policies in California effective Saturday (May 27, 2023) because of wildfire risk and rapid inflation in construction costs. The move by one of California's most prominent insurers is a blow to the state's efforts for years to maintain a vibrant market for homeowners in the wildfire-prone state. In addition, national inflation has been a severe problem for home and car insurers since last year, and many have posted underwriting losses as they continue to seek regulatory approval for rate increases that they say they need to catch up with the surging costs. State Farm is the nation's biggest car and home insurer by premium volume. It said it decided due to historic increases in construction costs, outpacing inflation, rapidly growing catastrophe exposure, and a challenging reinsurance market. It posted the statement on its website and referred questions to trade groups. According to the information and a state Department of Insurance representative, the insurer's move doesn't affect existing home insurance policyholders whose policies would remain in effect."
Note: Insurance carriers California exit is not limited to State Farm. In 2022, Lemonade Insurance pressed pause in California.
Discover the top 4 reasons why Insurance experts suggest viewing homeowner's insurance as protection against catastrophic losses.
- Deductible: A standard homeowner's insurance deductible is usually $500 to $2,500, according to PolicyGenius.com. Although, deductibles for higher-valued homes are sometimes $5,000 or more, according to USnews.com.
- Premium Increase: When a homeowner's claim is processed, often the result is an increase in insurance premium at policy renewal.
- Nonrenewal: Homeowners' insurance companies may have to cancel or non-renew a policy if multiple claims are filed within three years, even though they value their customers who regularly pay their premiums.
- CLUE Report: (Comprehensive Loss Underwriting Exchange) is a claims history database generated by LexisNexis. Insurance companies can access consumer claims information when underwriting or rating an insurance policy. In addition, insurance companies utilize this report to determine who to insure.
ALERT BICYCLE OWNERS.
Standalone Insurance Solution: Getting standalone insurance may be a good idea for specialty items like bikes to ensure adequate coverage without compromising a home insurance policy.
Top 5 reasons Bicycle Owners get specialized Bike Insurance?
BikeInsure provides a specialized and straightforward insurance solution for bikes. Cyclists can enjoy complete peace of mind with coverage for accidents and the added option of protection against theft, all regardless of a homeowner's policy, with a simple two-minute sign-up at BikeInsure.com.
At BikeInsure, you can get reimbursed for damages to your bicycle or eBike and accessories caused by riding accidents or during transit. In addition, with the optional theft protection, the insurance plan also covers stolen bikes or eBikes.
Any bicycle or eBike is insured for $16.99 monthly.
The comprehensive bicycle insurance plan with up to $10,000 in coverage per bicycle can be purchased for a $16.99 per month credit card charge.
BikeInsure specialized Bike Coverage = $16.99/mo.
- eBike Bike Insurance is $16.99/mo.
- Road Bike Insurance is $16.99/mo.
- Triathlon Insurance is $16.99/mo.
- Mountain Bike Insurance is $16.99/mo.
- Gravel Bike Insurance is $16.99/mo.
- Fat Bike Insurance is $16.99/mo.
- Cyclocross Bike Insurance is $16.99/mo.
- Cargo Bike Insurance is $16.99/mo.
- Your Bicycle Insurance is $16.99/mo.
The BikeInsure deductible is low.
The specialized bicycle insurance plan has a per bicycle $100 deductible. Furthermore, if you are concerned about your bike getting stolen and opt for TheftProtect, the bike theft deductible is $250 per occurrence.
The BikeInsure limits are high.
Specialized Coverage has a generous $10,000 limit that is standard.
- A Bicycle or eBike policy comes with a $10,000 annual aggregate limit standard.
- Optional Theft Protection has a $10,000 annual aggregate limit standard.
Claims are processed quickly and efficiently.
Our goal is to assist you in resolving your claim swiftly, allowing you to resume riding as soon as possible. After verifying the eligibility and damages of your claim, we can process payments within 30 days. In a previous case, we processed payouts in just ten days. We will be with you every step of the way to ensure a speedy resolution.
Secure insurance for your Bike with one of America's top Insurance Carriers.
BikeInsure is leveraging eCommerce technology to transform how cyclists in the United States buy and experience bike insurance to make it simple and affordable. Licensed insurance producer BikeInsure is administering the insurance plan, underwritten by carrier Great American Insurance Company, rated "A+" (Superior) by AM Best, an authorized insurer in all 50 states and Washington, DC. For 151 years, Americans have trusted Great American Insurance Company to protect them and render best-in-class service.